Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mornings

The love of my life is sound asleep. A ray of light sneaking in the transom. Wrapped in mint-colored sheets, he breathes peacefully like child. I kiss him softly in quick bursts of gentle kisses. ‘Ppoppos’ that’s how we call them. I lightly massage his chest and feel his heart beat. He moves, awakened, looks at me, his lips curves into a smile and says in a rather sleepy voice, “I love you.”

"Good morning, sweetie." I replied. "I love you too."

We then just spend the next few minutes in a sweet warm embrace. This is how we are every morning and I will never get tired waking up next to the most amazing man I know.

I want to wake up to this every morning. I want to see his face first thing, to smell his morning breath. I want to be the first to touch his hair.

I want to wake up next to him everyday for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.