Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fearless

I have left the job I despised. Finally, no more working nights, no more dealing with unreasonably irate customers, no more annoying telephones ringing, no more feeling miserable every waking moment.

I was not happy there. And it took me a great deal of courage to let go of financial security to pursue a more fulfilling career even if it means less pay. Of course it is not without it’s drawbacks. Despite my mother’s objections of me quitting the job, I know what will make me happy and I think it’s time to move forward and pursue what I know is best for me.

For the first time in nine months, I feel free and happy. It’s like everything is falling into place. A year after I graduated from college, I am now taking my master’s degree, I am very happy with my relationship with my boyfriend who is really the most amazing thing that happened to me, and I have a new job - and this time I get to teach English.

I am not exactly in the position to foretell my incoming future. I am still clueless in starting over and really living it big and to the heart. Who am I but just a simple, uncomplicated girl, with big dreams and a big heart. All I know is that I will move along with the tides - or even against it. I know now that I want to be a teacher more than anything and that I am in love with language and literature. I know now that I’d rather go home dead tired and broke but fulfilled rather than with a hefty pocket and miserable.

All I need, dear heart is, courage. Courage to bear all the failures and rejections that will come along with pursuing my dream. I want to be fearless in love, in life and in my career. I hope and pray - from the pits of my stomach and sinews of my soul -to be ever inspired and in love of the life I’m designing for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.