Sunday, June 14, 2015

Nice To Meet You

I was trying to check some pages of this blog and I found this:

I want to be a writer. I want to be an indie folk singer. Or the voice you hear when you listen to audio books. I want to be happy. I want to own a bookstore that serves free coffee. I want to be a college professor. I want to love and be loved in return. I want change, freedom and adventure. I don’t dream of money, I dream of something much greater.

I'm 20 years old, in college. This is my journal where I write my thoughts down without any constitution. My own nest of quiet, expression, inward voyage and everything beautiful.

Hello, I'm Kate. Nice to meet you.

Three years later, a lot of this has changed.

I still want to be a writer but I don't think I am close to that dream. If anything else, I am so far from the idea of writing compared to any time in my life. I haven't written anything of substance since I graduated from university. I only want to listen to indie folk music and I rarely sing now but I can still sing some songs. I can't remember the last book I read but dying to read some books. If only I have more time. I still want to be happy, of course. Instead of owning a bookstore, I wanna be married instead. I know that sounds like a horrible thing to say, but really if I think about it, is there anything more fulfilling than having a family? Than being a wife and mother? I still want to teach but I'd rather teach English in its practical sense. I want to teach English to non-native speakers. I am currently loving and loved in return by my wonderful boyfriend. I still want change, freedom and adventure and I am working towards it. I am in constant transition I guess. And I am free - so free to do anything that it scares the fucking hell out of me. I am independent now but independence comes with so much responsibilities, and I am trying my hardest to keep myself sane all through this. And speaking of adventure - this life is so much of an adventure don't you think? It's the kind of adventure that cannot be summed up by a Facebook post or a photo on Instagram. It's not always picture-perfect and that's okay. We all get by. I still don't dream of money but I do believe that life is better with it and I do need it. And lastly, my dreams have become more realistic. I am not the idealistic 20 year old me. I have become more sensible. I am dreaming of a simple, uncomplicated life.

I am 23 years old, working and living on my own. The good thing is, I have come back here to write, still without constitution. This has truly become my own nest of quiet, expression, inward voyage and everything beautiful. The place that tells my becoming.

Hello, I'm Kate. Nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.