Sunday, June 14, 2015

Beautiful My Way

This morning, while having coffee, I saw a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I remembered a funny moment and I smiled. And I saw myself happy and I thought I was pretty.

I like my smile, the way my lips curve in my face, and how deep my eyes are and how they show my feelings. I love my hips and the soft, velvety skin on my chest. I like the yellowish hue of my skin. I love my hair and how it frames my round face.

But what I love most about my body and face is that it enables me to do things. I can walk for miles and not feel tired. I can hug the people I love with my arms. I can see the world with my eyes. I can sense, I can feel. With all these, I guess I have more than enough.

I need to let go of trying to be beautiful in the eyes of other people.

I guess what I am trying to say is that what I need to do is to be beautiful...my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.