Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Manifesto on Love


"Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final."
Rainer Maria Rilke
The thing is I don't even know how I feel about this. There have been people who took interest in me, made me feel giddy and surreal, but they were fleeting fondness and attraction. Some lingered but eventually left me hanging in mid-air. Now I don't have any expectations. I don't assume things. I don't have standards or borders and anything in between.

But then, love comes knocking again and again. And I try not to fall for ephemeral romances. But this one, this one at the present, is out of the way --- it is different.  It has only been three days since we met and I have felt a whirlwind of emotions. Maybe because he's different and our differences make everything exciting. I can't imagine where this is going. Maybe this will just be a fling, or a week-long love affair. But what I can tell is that I love his skew text messages,  how he calls me "lady", how he booked the weekends of my February, his taking interest in the minute details of my life.

And it all started with the way he set his eyes on me whenever I looked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.